Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Manually prepare Active Directory for DPM
Enter your domain name in the Enter Data Protection Manager Server
Name window and click OK:
NOTE : This is the dialog box that you want to enter the domain name
on. This should only be the domain name. For example do not enter
BUCHDPM.BUCHATECH.com only enter BUCHATECH.com .
6. Leave the next field blank and click OK:
NOTE : You can leave this field blank as long as the DPM server and
the domain controller are in the same domain. If you are on a separate
domain you will need to enter the domain name that the protected
servers reside on. For example, only enter BUCHATECH.com .
7. Another informational alert will pop up letting you know that the update
may take some time. Click OK to continue. The window goes away and you
won't see anything for a moment. All of a sudden a new window will pop up
to notify that the Active Directory was successfully configured.
8. Now go back to the DPM server and open the DPM Administrator Console.
9. Go to the Action menu and click Options .
10. Click on the End-user Recovery .