Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
• An application or service that uses a file system filter driver may experience
function failure on a computer that is running Windows Vista, Windows
Server 2003, or Windows Server 2008 (KB975759) ( http://go.microsoft.
By default, DPM will install any software prerequisites automatically if it is not
enabled or installed. Sometimes these software prerequisites might fail during the
DPM setup. If they do, you can install these manually.
Visit this site for detailed information on installing the software
The following is a list of the software that DPM requires before it can be installed:
• Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 with Service Pack 1 (SP1)
• Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable
• Windows PowerShell 2.0
• Windows Installer 4.5 or later versions
• Windows Single Instance Store (SIS)
• Microsoft Application Error Reporting
NOTE : It is recommended that you manually install Single
Instance Store on your server before you even begin the DPM 2010
installation. We shall see a step by step installation along with a
detailed explanation of Single Instance Store.
User privilege requirement
The server that you plan to install DPM on must be joined to a domain before you
install the DPM software. In order to join the server to the domain you need to have
at least domain administrative privileges. You also need to have administrative
privileges on the local server to install the DPM software.