Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
In the Lab
2. Click Walkthrough: Making music in the topic pane. Read the Making music article in the topic
pane. List four ways in which you can use Windows XP musically.
3. Click Play music in the Making Music area. Scroll to display the Display details about a CD area.
List the three steps to display details about a CD.
4. Scroll to the top of the window to display the Making Music area.
5. Click Create CDs in the Making Music area. Scroll to display the steps to burn your own CD. List
the six steps to burn a CD.
6. Read other articles of interest to you in the Making Music area.
7. Click the Close button in the Help and Support Center window.
In the Lab
Lab 4: Downloading the Word Chapters 1-3 Data Files
Instructions: Use the SC Site – Shelly Cashman Series Student Resources Web site to download the
Word Chapters 1-3 Data Files into the Word folder.
Part 1: Plug the USB Flash Drive into the USB Port
1. If necessary, launch Microsoft Windows XP and log on to the computer.
2. Plug the USB ﬂ ash drive into the USB port on the computer. The UDISK 2.0 (E:) window should
display on the desktop and should contain the Freshman folder.
3. If the Freshman folder is not displayed in the UDISK 2.0 (E:) window, follow the steps in Chapter
One to create the hierarchy of folders shown in Figure 1–47 on page WIN 31.
Part 2: Download the Word Chapters 1-3 Data Files into the Word Folder
1. Start Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button on the taskbar and then clicking Internet on
the Start menu.
2. Click the Address bar, type scsite.com in the Address box, and then click the Go button.
3. When the SC Site – Shelly Cashman Series Student Resources Web site is displayed, use the
Browse by Subject navigation bar, click Ofﬁ ce Suites, and then click Microsoft Ofﬁ ce 2007.
4. In the center of the screen, locate your textbook, and then click the title (for example, Microsoft
Ofﬁ ce 2007: Introductory Concepts and Techniques, Windows XP Edition.)
5. When the page for your textbook displays, click the Word Chapters 1-3 Data Files link (You may
need to scroll down the page).