Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
In the Lab
Design and/or create a document using the guidelines, concepts, and skills presented in this
chapter. Labs are listed in order of increasing difﬁ culty.
Lab 1: Creating a Flyer with a Picture
Problem: You work part-time at Scenic Air. Your boss has asked you to prepare a ﬂ yer that advertises
aerial tours over the city of Campton. First, you prepare the unformatted ﬂ yer shown in Figure 1–92a,
and then you format it so that it looks like Figure 1–92b on the next page. Hint: Remember, if you
make a mistake while formatting the ﬂ yer, you can click the Undo button on the Quick Access Toolbar
to undo your last action.
Instructions: Perform the following tasks:
1. Display formatting marks on the screen.
2. Type the ﬂ yer text, unformatted, as shown in Figure 1–92a. If Word ﬂ ags any misspelled words as
you type, check the spelling of these words and correct them.
3. Save the document on a USB ﬂ ash drive using the ﬁ le name, Lab 1-1 Airplane Rides Flyer.
4. Apply the Heading 1 style to the headline. Apply the Heading 2 style to the signature line.
5. Center the headline and the signature line.
6. Change the font and font size of the headline to 48-point Arial Rounded MT Bold, or a
7. Change the font size of body copy between the headline and the signature line to 22 point.
8. Change the font size of the signature line to 28 point.
9. Bullet the three lines (paragraphs) of text above the signature line.
10. Bold the text, change your view.
11. Italicize the word, aerial.