Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
In the Lab continued
4. Apply the Heading 1 style to the headline. Apply the Heading 2 style to the signature line.
5. Center the headline and the signature line.
6. Change the font and font size of the headline to 48-point Arial Rounded MT Bold, or a similar font.
7. Change the font size of body copy between the headline and the signature line to 22 point.
8. Change the font size of the signature line to 28 point.
9. Bullet the three lines (paragraphs) of text above the signature line.
10. Italicize the word, growing.
11. Bold the text, recently expanded.
12. Underline the word, and, in the third bulleted paragraph.
13. Change the style set to the Traditional.
14. Change the theme colors to the Solstice color scheme.
15. Change the theme fonts to the Flow font set.
16. Change the zoom to 50 percent so the entire page is visible in the document window.
17. Change the spacing before the headline to 0 point. Change the spacing after the ﬁ rst paragraph of
body copy to 24 point. Change the spacing before the ﬁ rst bulleted paragraph to 12 point.
18. Insert the picture on the blank line above the bulleted list. The picture is called Bradford Pear in
Bloom and is available on the Data Files for Students. Apply the Soft Edge Oval picture style to the
19. The entire ﬂ yer should ﬁ t on a single page. If it ﬂ ows to two pages, resize the picture or decrease
pacing before and after paragraphs until the entire ﬂ yer text ﬁ ts on a single page.
20. Add the graphic border, shown in Figure 1–93 on the previous page (about one-third down in the
Art gallery). Change the color of the border to Tan, Background 2.
21. Change the document properties, as speciﬁ ed by your instructor.
22. Save the ﬂ yer again with the same ﬁ le name.
23. Submit the document, shown in Figure 1–93, in the format speciﬁ ed by your instructor.
In the Lab
Lab 3: Creating a Flyer with a Picture and Resized Border Art
Problem: Your neighbor has asked you to prepare a ﬂ yer that promotes her cabin rental business. You
prepare the ﬂ yer shown in Figure 1–94.
Instructions: Enter the text in the ﬂ yer, checking spelling as you type, and then format it as shown
in Figure 1–94. The picture to be inserted is called Paddle Boat on Lake and is available on the Data
Files for Students. After adding the page border, reduce the point size of its width so that the border
is not so predominant on the page. Change the document properties, as speciﬁ ed by your instructor.
Save the document on a USB ﬂ ash drive using the ﬁ le name, Lab 1-3 Cabin Rentals Flyer. Submit the
document, shown in Figure 1–94, in the format speciﬁ ed by your instructor.