Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Word Chapter 2 Creating a Research Paper
Apply Your Knowledge continued
No Spacing style applied to
ﬁ rst paragraph in header
ﬁ rst line of each paragraph
indented one-half inch
6. With the paragraphs still selected, use Line spacing box arrow to remove extra space below (after)
the paragraphs. Click anywhere to remove the selection.
7. Use the Find and Replace dialog box to replace all occurrences of the word, Internet, with the
word, Web. How many replacements were made?
8. Use Word’s thesaurus to change the word, incorporated, to the word, integrated, in the ﬁ rst
sentence of the second paragraph.
9. Switch to the header so you can edit it. In the ﬁ rst line of the header, change the word, Draft, to
the word, Modiﬁ ed, so it reads: Software Paragraphs Modiﬁ ed. Change the ﬁ rst line of the header
from the Normal style to the No Spacing style.
10. In the second line of the header, insert and center the page number (with no formatting) one space
after the word, Page.
11. Change the alignment of both lines of text in the header from left-aligned to right-aligned. Switch
back to the document text.
12. Change the document properties, as speciﬁ ed by your instructor.
13. Click the Ofﬁ ce Button and then click Save As. Save the document using the ﬁ le name, Apply 2-1
Software Paragraphs Modiﬁ ed.