Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Extend Your Knowledge WD 135
14. Print the document properties and then print the revised document, shown in Figure 2–80.
15. Use the Research task pane to look up the deﬁ nition of the word, online, in the ﬁ rst sentence of
the second paragraph. Handwrite the COMPUTING deﬁ nition of the word, online, on your
16. Display the Research Options dialog box and on your printout, handwrite the currently active
Reference Books, Research Sites, and Business and Financial Sites. If your instructor approves,
activate one of the services.
Extend Your Knowledge
Extend the skills you learned in this chapter and experiment with new skills. You may need to
use Help to complete the assignment.
Working with References and Prooﬁ ng Tools
Instructions: Start Word. Open the document, Extend 2-1 Computing Options Paper Draft, from the
Data Files for Students. See the inside back cover of this topic for instructions on downloading the Data
Files for Students, or contact your instructor for information on accessing the required ﬁ les.
You will add another footnote to the paper, use the thesaurus, convert the document from MLA
to APA style, convert the footnotes to endnotes, modify the Endnote Text style, change the format of
the note reference marks, and translate the document to another language.
Perform the following tasks:
1. Insert a second footnote at an appropriate place in the research paper. Use the following footnote
text: The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requires any company with 15 or more employees
to make reasonable attempts to accommodate the needs of physically challenged workers.
2. Use the Find dialog box to ﬁ nd the word, imagine, in the document and use Word to help you
determine an appropriate synonym.
3. Save the document with a new ﬁ le name and then print it. Select the entire document and then
change the style of the citations and bibliography from MLA to APA. Save the APA version of the
document with a new ﬁ le name and then print it. Compare the two versions. Circle the differences
between the two documents.
4. Convert the footnotes to endnotes.
5. Modify the Endnote Text style to 11-point Calibri font, double-spaced text with a ﬁ rst-line indent.
6. Change the format of the note reference marks to capital letters (A, B, etc.).
7. Save the revised document with endnotes with a new ﬁ le name and then print it. On the printout
with the endnotes, write the number of words, characters without spaces, characters with spaces,
paragraphs, and lines in the document. Be sure to include endnote text in the statistics.
8. Translate the research paper into a language of your choice (Figure 2–81 on the next page) using
the Translate button on the Review tab. Print the translated document.