Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
In the Lab
Figure 2–83 (continued)
Instructions: Perform the following tasks:
1. If necessary, display formatting marks on the screen.
2. Adjust line spacing to double.
3. Remove space below (after) paragraphs.
4. Create a header to number pages.
5. Type the name and course information at the left margin. Center and type the title.
6. Set ﬁ rst-line indent for paragraphs in the body of the research paper.
7. Create a Quick Style for the research paper paragraphs.
8. Type the research paper as shown in Figures 2–83a and 2–83b. Change the bibliography style to
MLA. As you insert citations, enter their source information (shown in Figure 2–83c). Edit the
citations so they display according to Figures 2–83a and 2–83b.
9. At the end of the research paper text, press the ENTER key and then insert a manual page break so the
Works Cited page begins on a new page. Enter and format the works cited title (Figure 2–83c). Use
Word to insert the bibliographical list. Format the paragraphs in the list with a hanging indent.
10. Check the spelling and grammar of the paper at once.
11. Save the document on a USB ﬂ ash drive using Lab 2-1 Computer Forensics Paper as the ﬁ le name.
12. Print the research paper. Handwrite the number of words, paragraphs, and characters in the
research paper above the title of your printed research paper.