Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Extend Your Knowledge EX 231
2. Use the ﬁ ll handle to copy the nested IF function down through cell C7. Enter the following data
in the cells in the range B1:B7 and then write down the results that display in cells C1 through C7
for each set. Set 1: B1 = CA; B2 = NY; B3 = NJ; B4 = MI; B5 = IL; B6 = CA; B7 = IL. Set 2: B1= WI;
B2 = NJ; B3 = IL; B4 = CA; B5 = NJ; B6 = NY; B7 = CA.
Set 1 Results:
Set 2 Results:
Instructions Part 2: Start Excel. Open the workbook Extend 3-1 Create Series. See the inside back
cover of this topic for instructions for downloading the Data Files for Students, or see your instructor
for information on accessing the ﬁ les required in this topic.
Perform the following tasks:
1. Use the ﬁ ll handle on one column at a time to propagate the fourteen series through row 16 as shown
in Figure 3–83. For example, in column A, select cell A2 and drag the ﬁ ll handle down to cell A16.
In column C, hold down the CTRL key to repeat Monday through cell C16. In column D, select
the range D2:D3 and drag the ﬁ ll handle down to cell D16. Likewise, in columns F and I through K,
select the two adjacent cells in rows 2 and 3 before dragging the ﬁ ll handle down to the corresponding
cell in row 16.
2. Select cell D21. While holding down the CTRL key, one at a time drag the ﬁ ll handle three cells
to the right, to the left, up, and down to generate four series of numbers beginning with zero and
incremented by one.
3. Select cell I21. Point to the cell border so that the mouse pointer changes to a plus sign with four
arrows. Drag the mouse pointer down to cell I22 to move the contents of cell I21 to cell I22.
4. Select cell I22. Point to the cell border so that the mouse pointer changes to a plus sign with four
the CTRL key,
drag the mouse
pointer to cell
M22 to copy the
contents of cell
I22 to cell M22.
5. Select cell M21.
Drag the ﬁ ll
handle in to the
center of cell
M21 so that the
cell is shaded in
order to delete
the cell contents.
6. Change the
speciﬁ ed by
with your name,
course number, and other information requested by your instructor. Save the workbook using the
ﬁ le name, Extend 3-1 Create Series Complete, and submit the revised workbook as requested by