Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
In the Lab
9. Add a thick bottom border to the range B13:J13. Assign the Currency style with two decimal places
and show negative numbers in parentheses to the following ranges: B4:J4; B8:J8; and B14:J15.
Assign the Comma style with two decimal places and show negative numbers in parentheses to the
following ranges: B5:J6 and B9:J13.
10. Change the font in cell A1 to 48-point Britannic Bold (or a similar font). Change the font in
cell A2 to 22-point Britannic Bold (or a similar font). Change the font in cell A17 to 18-point italic
11. Use the background color blue and the font color white for the ranges A1:J2; A7; A15:J15; and
A17:B23 as shown in Figure 3–88.
12. Rename the Sheet1 sheet, Analysis of Indirect Expenses, and color its tab blue.
13. Update the document properties with your name, course number, and name for the workbook.
Change the worksheet header with your name, course number, and other information requested
by your instructor. Save the workbook using the ﬁ le name, Lab 3-3 RockieView Resort and Spa
Indirect Expenses Allocations.
14. Preview the worksheet. Use the Page Setup button to change the orientation to landscape and
ﬁ t the report on one page. Preview the formulas version ( CTRL +` ) of the worksheet in landscape
orientation using the Fit to option button in the Page Setup dialog box. Press CTRL +` to show the
values version of the worksheet. Save the workbook again.
15. Divide the window into four panes and show the four corners of the worksheet. Remove the four panes.
Close the workbook but do not save the workbook.
Instructions Part 2: Start Excel. Open Lab 3-3 RockieView Resort and Spa Indirect Expenses
Allocations. Draw a 3-D Pie chart (Figure 3–89) on a separate sheet that shows the contribution
of each category of indirect expense to the total indirect expenses. That is, chart the nonadjacent
ranges A8:A13 (category names) and J8:J13 (data series). Show labels that include category names and
percentages. Do not
show the legend or
leader lines. Format
the 3-D Pie chart as
shown in Figure 3–89.
Rename the chart
sheet 3-D Pie Chart
and color the tab red.
Move the chart tab
to the right of the
worksheet tab. Save
the workbook using
the ﬁ le name, Lab 3-3
and Spa Indirect
Submit the workbook
as requested by your