Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
(a) Incorrect Sort Query
(b) Incorrect Join Query
In the Lab
Design, create, modify, and/or use a database following the guidelines, concepts, and skills
presented in this chapter. Labs are listed in order of increasing difﬁ culty.
Lab 1: Querying the JMS TechWizards Database
Problem: The management of JMS TechWizards has determined a number of questions it wants
the database management system to answer. You must obtain answers to the questions posed by
Instructions: Use the database created in the In the Lab 1 of Chapter 1 on page AC 67 for this
assignment or see your instructor for information on accessing the ﬁ les required for this topic. Perform
the following tasks:
1. Open the JMS TechWizards database and create a new query for the Client table that includes
the Client Number, Client Name, and Technician Number ﬁ elds in the design grid for all clients
where the technician number is 23. Save the query as Lab 2-1 Step 1 Query.
2. Create a query that includes the Client Number, Client Name, and Paid ﬁ elds for all clients located
in Liberty Corner with a paid amount greater than $500.00. Save the query as Lab2-1 Step 2 Query.
3. Create a query that includes the Client Number, Client Name, Street, and City ﬁ elds for all clients
whose names begin with Gr. Save the query as Lab 2-1 Step 3 Query.
4. Create a query that lists all cities in descending order. Each city should appear only once. Save the
query as Lab 2-1 Step 4 Query.
5. Create a query that allows the user to enter the city to search when the query is run. The query
results should display the Client Number, Client Name, and Billed. Test the query by searching for
those records where the client is located in Anderson. Save the query as Client-City Query.