Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Figure 3–1 summarizes some of the various types of activities involved in maintaining
the JSP Recruiters database.
Change the appearance
of a datasheet
Search for records
Add, change, and
Specify default values
singlevalued and multivalued
Change the structure
of a table
Use update and
Create validation rules
Compact and repair
Backup a database
As you read through this chapter, you will learn how to maintain a database by
performing these general tasks:
• Add, change, and delete records.
• Filter records so that only those records that satisfy some criterion appear in a
datasheet or form.
• Change the structure of a table.
• Make mass changes to a table.
• Create validation rules to ensure that the database contains only valid data.
• Change the appearance of a datasheet.
• Enforce relationships by creating referential integrity.
• Order records.
• Perform special database operations such as backing up a database and compacting a