Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Validation Rules AC 177
• Click the Total row in the
Commission column to display
• Click the arrow to display a
menu of available computations
Will I always get the same list?
No. You only will get the items
that make sense for the type of
data in the column. You cannot
calculate the sum of text data, for
Total row arrow
Total row for
Commission ﬁ eld
• Click Sum to calculate the sum of
ﬁ nd largest value
ﬁ nd smallest value
• Click the Total row in the Rate
column to display an arrow.
• Click the arrow to display a menu
of available computations.
• Click Average to calculate the
average of the rates (Figure 3–56).
• Experiment with other statistics.
When ﬁ nished, once again
select the sum of the commissions
and the average of the rates.