Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
In the Lab
7. Use the split form to change the item type for item numbers 3663 and 7930 to CAP. Change the
item type for item numbers 5923 and 7810 to CLO.
8. Add the following items to the Item table.
9. Create an advanced ﬁ lter for the Item table. The ﬁ lter should display the item number, item type,
description, and number on hand for all items with less than 10 items on hand. Sort the ﬁ lter by
item type and description. Save the ﬁ lter settings as a query and name the ﬁ lter Reorder Filter.
10. Resize all columns in the Item table and the Supplier table to best ﬁ t.
11. Using a query, delete all records in the Item table where the description starts with the letter F.
Save the query as Delete Query.
12. Specify referential integrity between the Supplier table (the one table) and the Item table (the many
table). Cascade the update but not the delete.
13. Compact the database.
14. Submit the revised database in the format speciﬁ ed by your instructor.
In the Lab
Lab 3: Maintaining the Ada Beauty Supply Database
Problem: The management of Ada Beauty Supply has determined that some changes must be made to
the database structure. A multivalued ﬁ eld must be added. Validation rules need to be added. Finally,
some additions and deletions are required to the database.
Instructions: Use the Ada Beauty Supply database created in the In the Lab 3 of Chapter 1 on page
AC 69 for this assignment, or see your instructor for information on accessing the ﬁ les required for
this topic. Submit the revised database in the format speciﬁ ed by your instructor.
Instructions Part 1: Several changes must be made to the database structure. For example, management
would like a multivalued ﬁ eld that lists the type of services each beauty salon offers. This knowledge
can help the sales representatives better meet the needs of their customers. Table 3-2 lists the service
abbreviations and descriptions that management would like in a Services Offered multivalued ﬁ eld.
Table 3–2 Service Abbreviations and Descriptions
Management wants to ensure that an entry always appears in the Customer Name ﬁ eld and that
any letters entered in the Customer Number ﬁ eld appear in uppercase. It also requires that the amount
in the Balance ﬁ eld is never less than 0 or greater than $1,000. Make the changes to the database
structure. Place the Services Offered ﬁ eld after the Telephone ﬁ eld.