Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Printing Database Relationships and Using the
You can print the Relationships window to document the fields, tables, and relationships
in a database. You can also use the Documenter , another Access tool, to create detailed
documentation of all, or selected, objects in a database. For each selected object, the
Documenter lets you print documentation, such as the object’s properties and relation-
ships, and the fields used by the object and their properties. You can use the documenta-
tion to help you understand an object and to help you plan changes to that object.
Using the Documenter
| Reference Window
• Start Access and open the database you want to document.
• In the Analyze group on the Database Tools tab, click the Database Documenter button.
• Select the object(s) you want to document.
• If necessary, click the Options button to select specific documentation options for the
selected object(s), and then click the OK button.
• Click the OK button, print the documentation, and then close the Object Definition
Next, you’ll print the Relationships window and use the Documenter to create documen-
tation for the tblContract table. Sarah will show her staff the tblContract table documentation
as a sample of the information that the Documenter provides.
To print the Relationships window and use the Documenter:
1. In the Tools group on the Design tab, click the Relationship Report button to open
the Relationships for Panorama report in Print Preview. See Figure 6-3.
Relationships for Panorama report
2. In the Print group on the Print Preview tab, click the Print button, select your
printer in the Name text box, and then click the OK button. Access prints the Rela-
tionships for Panorama report.