Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
6. Switch to Layout view, and then click the ContractNum text box (if necessary) to
7. Position the pointer on the right edge of the ContractNum text box. When the
pointer changes to a shape, drag the right border horizontally to the left until
the text box is slightly wider than the field value it contains. See Figure 6-27.
The sizes of the ContractAmt, SigningDate, and StartDate text boxes will look fine
if you reduce them to have the same widths, so you’ll select all three text boxes
and resize them as a group.
8. Select the ContractAmt , SigningDate , and StartDate text boxes.
9. Position the pointer on the right edge of any of the three selected controls. When
the pointer changes to a shape, drag the right border horizontally to the left
until the SigningDate and StartDate text boxes are slightly wider than the field
values they contain. See Figure 6-27.
If you select a control by
mistake, hold down the
Shift key, and then click
the selected control to
After resizing text boxes in Layout view
in Layout view
Trouble? If you resized the text boxes too far to the left, number signs will be
displayed inside the SigningDate and StartDate text boxes. Drag the right edge of
the text boxes slightly to the right and repeat the process until the date values are
visible inside the text boxes.
10. Navigate through the first several records to make sure the five text boxes are
sized properly to display the full field values. If any text box is too small, select the
text box and increase its width the appropriate amount.
11. Save your form design changes, switch to Design view, and then deselect all con-
trols by clicking in an unused portion of the grid.
| Making Form Design Modifications
When you design forms and other objects, you’ll find it helpful to switch frequently between
Design view and Layout view. Some form modifications are easier to make in Layout view,
other form modifications are easier to make in Design view, and still other form modifica-
tions can be made only in Design view. You should check your progress frequently in either
Layout view or Form view, and you should save your modifications after completing a set of