Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Now you’ll resize, move, and format the calculated controls and their attached labels,
and you’ll set other properties for the calculated controls.
To modify the calculated controls and their attached labels:
1. Right-click the rightmost calculated control, click Properties on the shortcut menu
to open the property sheet, click the All tab in the property sheet (if necessary),
set the Format property to Currency , and then close the property sheet. The value
displayed in the calculated control changes from 4000 to $4,000.00.
Now you’ll resize the calculated controls, adjust the positions of each label and text
box pair with respect to each other, and then move the controls into their final
positions in the form.
2. Individually, reduce the widths of the two calculated controls. See Figure 6-44.
3. Click the Number of Invoices label, use the arrow keys to move the label into
position next to its related calculated control, repeat the process for the Invoice
Amount Total label and its related calculated control, and then deselect all
controls. See Figure 6-44.
After modifying the calculated controls and their labels
and resized to
their best fits
resized and Format
4. Use Shift + Click to select the Start Date label and the Number of Invoices
label, click the Arrange tab on the Ribbon, click the Left button in the Control
Alignment group to align the labels on their left edges, press the Shift key, click
the Start Date label to deselect it, release the Shift key, and then move the
Number of Invoices label up to the position shown in Figure 6-45.
5. Select the Number of Invoices label and its related calculated control, and then in
the Control Alignment group, click the Top button to align the two controls on their
6. Repeat Steps 4 and 5 for the Invoice Amount Total label and its related calcu-
lated control. See Figure 6-45.
7. Move the bottom calculated control to the left to the position shown in Figure 6-45,
align the two calculated controls on their left edges, and then deselect all controls.