Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Adding a line to the form
Trouble? If the line is not straight or not positioned correctly, click the Undo button
on the Quick Access Toolbar, and then repeat Steps 2 through 4. If the line is not the
correct length, hold down the Shift key, and press one or more of the arrow keys until
the line’s length is the same as that of the line shown in Figure 6-49.
5. Drag up the bottom of the Form Header section to just below the line at the
0.75-inch mark on the vertical ruler.
6. Save your form design changes.
Next, you’ll add a Rectangle around the calculated controls in the Detail section.
Adding a Rectangle to a Form
You can use a rectangle in a form to group related controls and to separate the group
from other controls. You use the Rectangle tool in Design view to add a rectangle to a
form or report.
Reference Window | Adding a Rectangle to a Form or Report
• Display the form or report in Design view.
• In the Controls group on the Design tab, click the Rectangle button.
• Click in the form or report to create a default-sized rectangle, or drag a rectangle in the
position and size you want.
You will add a rectangle to the Detail section around the calculated controls and their
labels to separate them from the subform and from the other controls in the Detail
To add a rectangle to the form:
1. In the Controls group on the Design tab, click the Rectangle button .
2. Position the pointer’s plus symbol (+) approximately two grid dots above and two
grid dots to the left of the Number of Invoices label.