Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
| Review Assignments
Practice the skills you
learned in the tutorial
using the same case
Data File needed for the Review Assignments: Products.accdb ( cont. from Tutorial 5 )
Sarah wants you to create several forms, including a custom form that displays and
updates companies and the products they offer. You’ll do so by completing the following:
1. Open the Products database located in the Level.02\Review folder provided with
your Data Files.
2. Remove the lookup feature from the CompanyID field in the tblProduct table, and
resize the Company ID column to its best fit.
3. Edit the relationship between the primary tblCompany and related tblProduct tables
to enforce referential integrity and to cascade update related fields. Create the rela-
tionship report, and then save the report as rptRelationshipsForProducts .
4. Use the Documenter to document the qryContactList query. Select all query options;
use the Names, Data Types, and Sizes option for fields; and use the Names and
Fields option for indexes. Print the report produced by the Documenter.
5. Use the Datasheet tool to create a form based on the tblProduct table, and then save
the form as frmProductDatasheet .
6. Use the Multiple Items tool to create a form based on the qryCompanyList query,
and then save the form as frmCompanyListMultipleItems .
7. Use the Split Form tool to create a split form based on the tblProduct table, and then
make the following changes to the form in Layout view.
a. Remove the Unit control from the stacked layout, and then anchor it to the
b. Remove the five controls in the right column from the stacked layout, and then
anchor the group to the bottom right.
c. Remove the ProductType and Price controls from the stacked layout, move them
to the top right, and then anchor them to the top right.
d. Reduce the widths of the ProductID and CompanyID text boxes to a
e. Save the modifiied form as frmProductSplitForm .
8. Use Figure 6-53 and the following steps to create a custom form named
frmCompaniesWithProducts based on the tblCompany and tblProduct tables.