Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
8. Close the Contract database without exiting Access, make a backup copy of the
database, open the Contract database, compact and repair the database, close the
database, and then exit Access.
| Case Problem 2
Use the skills you
learned in the tutorial
to work with the data
for a health and fit-
ness center and to cre-
ate a custom form.
Data File needed for this Case Problem: Training.accdb ( cont. from Tutorial 5 )
Parkhurst Health & Fitness Center Martha Parkhurst wants you to create several forms,
including two custom forms that display and update data in the Training database. You’ll
do so by completing the following:
1. Open the Training database located in the Level.02\Case2 folder provided with your
2. Use the Documenter to document the qryMemberNames query. Select all query
options; use the Names, Data Types, and Sizes option for fields; and use the Names
and Fields option for indexes. Print the first page of the report produced by the
3. Use the Datasheet tool to create a form based on the tblProgram table, and then
save the form as frmProgramDatasheet .
4. Create a custom form based on the qryUpcomingExpirations query. Display all fields
from the query in the form. Create your own design for the form. Add a label to the
bottom of the Detail section that contains your first and last names. Change the
label’s font so that your name appears in bold, blue text. Change the ExpirationDate
text box format so that the field value displays in bold, red text. Save the form as
5. Use Figure 6-55 and the following steps to create a custom form named
frmProgramsAndMembers based on the tblProgram and tblMember tables.