Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
6. Close the Agency database without exiting Access, make a backup copy of the data-
base, open the Agency database, compact and repair the database, close the data-
base, and then exit Access.
| Case Problem 4
Use the skills you
learned in the tutorial
to work with the data
for a luxury property
rental company and
to create two
Data File needed for this Case Problem: Vacation.accdb ( cont. from Tutorial 5 )
GEM Ultimate Vacations Griffin and Emma MacElroy want you to create several forms,
including a custom form that displays and updates guest and reservation data in the
Vacation database. You’ll do so by completing the following:
1. Open the Vacation database located in the Level.02\Case4 folder provided with
your Data Files.
2. Remove the lookup feature from the PropertyID field in the tblReservation table.
3. Edit the relationship between the primary tblProperty and related tblReservation
tables to enforce referential integrity and to cascade update related fields. Create the
relationship report, and then save the report as rptRelationshipsForVacation .
4. Use the Documenter to document the qryIllinoisGuests query. Select all query
options; use the Names, Data Types, and Sizes option for fields; and use the Nothing
option for indexes. Print the report produced by the Documenter.
5. Use the Datasheet tool to create a form based on the qryGuestTripDates query, and
then save the form as frmGuestTripDates .
6. Create a custom form based on the qryRentalCost query. Display all fields in the
form. Use your own design for the form, but use the title Reserved Trips in the Form
Header section, and use the Label tool to add your name to the Form Header
section. Save the form as frmRentalCost .
7. Use Figure 6-57 and the following steps to create a custom form named
frmGuestsWithReservations based on the tblGuest and tblReservation tables.