Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
| Case Problem 5
Use the skills you
learned in this tutorial
to work with the data
for an Internet service
Data File needed for this Case Problem: ACE.accdb ( cont. from Tutorial 5 )
Always Connected Everyday Chris and Pat Dixon want you to create several forms,
including a custom form that displays and updates data in the ACE database. You’ll do so
by completing the following:
1. Open the ACE database located in the Level.02\Case5 folder provided with your
2. In Tutorial 5, you created a lookup field in the tblCustomer table. Remove the
lookup feature from this field.
3. Make sure that the table relationship enforces referential integrity and cascade
updates related fields. Create the relationship report, and then save the report as
4. Use the Documenter to document one of your forms. Select all form options and
use the Names option for sections and controls. Print the report produced by the
5. In Tutorial 5, you created forms to display and update the data in the ACE database.
Review these forms, and develop a consistent design strategy that you’ll use to cus-
tomize all the forms. Your design strategy should include the use of combo boxes for
foreign keys and for searching, calculated controls, and visual effects.
6. Using your form design strategy, customize all the forms in the ACE database.
7. Close the ACE database without exiting Access, make a backup copy of the data-
base, open the ACE database, compact and repair the database, close the database,
and then exit Access.
| Internet Assignments
Use the Internet to
find and work with
data related to the
topics presented in
The purpose of the Internet Assignments is to challenge you to find information on the
Internet that you can use to work effectively with this software. The actual assignments
are updated and maintained on the Course Technology Web site. Log on to the Internet
and use your Web browser to go to the Student Online Companion for New Perspectives
Office 2007 at www.course.com/np/office2007 . Then navigate to the Internet
Assignments for this tutorial.
| SAM Assessment and Training
If you have a SAM user profile, you may have access to hands-on instruction, practice,
and assessment of the skills covered in this tutorial. Log in to your SAM account
( http://sam2007.course.com ) to launch any assigned training activities or exams that
relate to the skills covered in this tutorial.
| Quick Check Answers
2. Row Source
3. An Access tool that creates detailed documentation of the objects in a database.