Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
4. Click the Format tab on the Ribbon, and then in the Controls group on the Format
tab, click the Add Existing Fields button to open the Field List pane. The Field
List pane displays the seven fields in the qryInvoicesByItem query, which is the
record source for the report.
Referring to Lucia’s report design, you’ll add six of the seven fields to the report in
a tabular layout, which is the default control layout when you add fields to a report
in Layout view.
5. Double-click InvoiceDate in the Field List pane, and then in order, double-click
Customer , City , ContractType , InvoiceAmt , and InvoicePaid in the Field List
pane. The six bound controls are displayed in a tabular layout in the report. See
After adding fields to the report in Layout view
fields added in a tabular layout to the report
Trouble? If you add the wrong field to the report, right-click the field in the tabu-
lar layout, and then click Delete on the shortcut menu to delete it. If you add a
field in the wrong order, click the field in the tabular layout, and then drag it to its
correct columnar position.
You’ll add the seventh field, the InvoiceItem field, as a grouping field, so you are
done working with the Field List pane.
6. Close the Field List pane, and then save the report as rptInvoicesByItem .
Next, you’ll adjust the column widths in Layout view, and then fine-tune the adjust-
ments and the spacing between columns later in Design view. Also, because the Invoice
Amt and Invoice Paid columns are adjacent, you can change the rightmost column head-
ing to Paid without losing any meaning and to save space.
To resize and rename columns in Layout view:
1. Click Customer to select the column, and then drag the right edge of the control
to increase its width. See Figure 7-21.
2. Repeat Step 1 to increase the width of the City column and the Contract Type
column. See Figure 7-21.