Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Reference Window | Sorting and Grouping Data in a Report
• Display the report in Layout or Design view.
• If necessary, click the Group & Sort button in the Grouping & Totals group on the Format tab
in Layout view or the Design tab in Design view to display the Group, Sort, and Total pane.
• To select a grouping field, click the Add a group button in the Group, Sort, and Total
pane, and then click the grouping field in the list. To set additional properties for the
grouping field, click the More button on the grouping field band.
• To select a sort field that is not a grouping field, click the Add a sort button in the Group,
Sort, and Total pane, and then click the sort field in the list. To set additional properties
for the sort field, click the More button on the sort field band.
In Lucia’s report design, the InvoiceItem field is a grouping field, and the InvoiceDate
field is a sort field. The InvoiceItem field value is displayed in a Group Header section,
but not its label. The sum of the InvoiceAmt field values is displayed in the Group Footer
section for the InvoiceItem grouping field. Next, you’ll select the grouping field and the
sort field and set their properties.
To select and set the properties for the grouping field and the
1. In the Group, Sort, and Total pane, click the Add a group button, and then click
InvoiceItem in the list. Access adds a Group Header section to the report with
InvoiceItem as the grouping field, and adds a group band in the Group, Sort, and
Total pane. See Figure 7-22.
After selecting InvoiceItem as a grouping field in Layout view
detail records are
G roup Header sections
displaying the InvoiceItem
as a grouping field