Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Reference Window | Adding the Date and Time to a Report
• Display the report in Layout or Design view.
• In the Controls group on the Design tab in Design view, or on the Format tab in Layout
view, click the Date & Time button to open the Date and Time dialog box.
• To display the date, click the Include Date check box, and then click one of the three date
• To display the time, click the Include Time check box, and then click one of the three time
• Click the OK button.
According to Lucia’s design for the report, the date appears at the left edge of the Page
Header section, so you’ll need to add the date to the report, and then cut the date from
the Report Header section and paste it into the Page Header section.
To add the date to the Page Header section:
1. If you took a break after the previous session, make sure that the Panorama data-
base is open, that the rptInvoicesByItem report is open in Print Preview, and that
the Navigation Pane is closed.
You can add the current date in Layout or Design view. Because you can’t cut and
paste controls between sections in Layout view, you’ll add the date in Design view.
First, you’ll move the column heading labels down in the Page Header section to
make room for the controls you’ll be adding above them.
2. Switch to Design view, increase the height of the Page Header section until the
bottom edge of the section is at the 1-inch mark on the vertical ruler, select all six
labels in the Page Header section, and then use the key to move the labels down
until the tops of the labels are at the 0.5-inch mark on the vertical ruler.
Lucia’s report design has a horizontal line under the labels that you’ll add next.
3. In the Controls group on the Design tab, click the Line button , position the
pointer’s plus symbol (+) at the lower-left corner of the Invoice Date label in the
Page Header section, hold down the Shift key, drag a horizontal line from left to
right so the end of the line aligns with the right edge of the Paid label, release the
mouse button, and then release the Shift key.
4. Reduce the height of the Page Header section by dragging the bottom of the sec-
tion up until it touches the bottom of the line you just added.
5. In the Controls group on the Design tab, click the Date & Time button to open
the Date and Time dialog box, make sure the Include Date check box is checked
and the Include Time check box is unchecked, and then click the third date option
button. See Figure 7-31.