Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Viewing the date in Print Preview
controls in th e
Trouble? Your year might appear with two digits instead of four digits as shown in
Figure 7-33. Your date format might also differ, depending on your computer’s
date settings. These differences do not cause any problems.
You’ll left-align the date in the text box in Design view.
9. Switch to Design view, make sure the Date function text box is selected, and then
in the Font group on the Design tab, click the Align Text Left button
You are now ready to add page numbers to the Page Header section.
Adding Page Numbers to a Report
You can display page numbers in a report by including an expression in the Page Header
or Page Footer section. You can click the Insert Page Number button in the Controls
group in Layout or Design view to add a page number expression to a report. The
inserted page number expression automatically displays the correct page number on
each page of a report.
Reference Window | Adding Page Numbers to a Report
• Display the report in Layout or Design view.
• In the Controls group on the Design tab in Design view, or on the Format tab in Layout
view, click the Insert Page Number button to open the Page Numbers dialog box.
• Select the format, position, and alignment options you want.
• Select whether you want to display the page number on the first page.
• Click the OK button to place the page number expression in the report.
Lucia’s design shows the page number displayed on the right side of the Page Header
section, on the same line with the date.
To add page numbers in the Page Header section:
1. In the Controls group on the Design tab, click the Insert Page Number button
The Page Numbers dialog box opens.