Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Date and page number in the Page Header section
Now you are ready to add the title to the Page Header section.
Adding a Title to a Report
Lucia’s report design includes the title “Invoices by Item,” which you’ll add to the Page
Header section centered between the date and the page number.
To add the title to the Page Header section:
1. Switch to Design view.
2. In the Controls group on the Design tab, click the Title button . The title
“rptInvoicesByItem,” which is name of the report object, appears in the Report
Header section in 18-point font.
To match Lucia’s design, you need to change the title, set its font size to 14 points,
move it to the Page Header section, and then resize the Report Header section to zero
height. The title is selected, so typing the new title will replace the current title.
3. Type Invoices by Item , press the Enter key, click the Font Size arrow, and then
click 14 .
4. Right-click an edge of the title, point to Size , and then click To Fit .
5. Right-click an edge of the title, click Cut , right-click the Page Header section bar,
and then click Paste . The title is pasted in the upper-left corner of the Page
Header section, and the Error Checking Options button
appears to the right of
the report title.
6. Position the pointer on the Error Checking Options button
. A ScreenTip is
displayed and describes the potential error. See Figure 7-37.