Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
5. Create a custom report based on the qryCompanyProducts query. Figure 7-46 shows
a sample of the last page of the completed report. Refer to the figure as you create
a. Save the report as rptProductsAvailable .
b. The ProductType field (from the tblCompany table) is a grouping field.
c. Hide duplicate values for the CompanyName field.
d. Use the Label tool in the Controls group on the Ribbon to add labels for the
subtotals, the grand total, and your name.
e. Keep the whole group together on one page.
6. Create a mailing label report according to the following instructions:
a. Use the tblCompany table as the record source.
b. Use Avery C2160 labels, and use the default font and color.
c. For the prototype label, add the ContactFirstName, a space, and ContactLastName
on the first line; the CompanyName on the second line; the Address on the third line;
and the City, a space, State, a space, and Zip on the fourth line.
d. Sort by Zip and then by CompanyName, and then enter the report name
7. Close the Products database without exiting Access, make a backup copy of the
database, open the Products database, compact and repair the database, close the
database, and then exit Access.
| Case Problem 1
Use the skills you
learned in the tutorial
to work with the data
in a database for a
small music school.
Data File needed for this Case Problem: Contract.accdb ( cont. from Tutorial 6 )
Pine Hill Music School Yuka wants you to modify an existing report and to create a
custom report and mailing labels for the Contract database. You’ll do so by completing
1. Open the Contract database located in the Level.02\Case1 folder provided with
your Data Files.
2. Modify the rptStudentContracts report. Figure 7-47 shows a sample of the last page
of the completed report. Refer to the figure as you modify the report.