Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
| Quick Check Answers
1. A custom report is a report created by the Report tool or the Report Wizard and that
you modify in Layout or Design view, or a report you create from scratch in Layout
or Design view.
2. You can apply a filter or you can copy selected portions of the report to the Clipboard.
3. A report sort field that includes a Group Header section before a group of records
having the same sort field value and that includes a Group Footer section after the
group of records.
4. The Report Header section appears once at the beginning of a report. The Page
Header section appears at the top of each page of a report. The Group Header sec-
tion appears once at the beginning of a new group of records. The Detail section
appears once for each record in the underlying table or query. The Group Footer
section appears once at the end of a group of records. The Report Footer section
appears once at the end of a report. The Page Footer section appears at the bottom
of each page of a report.
1. A detail report is a report that displays fields from the record source in the Detail
section. A summary report is a report that displays only summary information, such
as grand totals and subtotals.
2. Keep Together
3. orphaned footer
4. Can Grow
5. Hiding duplicate values makes a report easier to read; duplicate values clutter
2. Click the Insert Page Number button in the Controls group in Layout or Design view;
specify the format, position, and alignment of the page number; and then click the
3. Report Header
4. A multiple-column report prints the same collection of data in two or more sets
across the page.