Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Creating a Multi-page Form Using a Tab
You can create a multi-page form in two ways: use the Page Break tool to insert a page
break control in the form, or use the Tab Control tool to insert a control that’s called a
tab control. If you insert a page break control in a form, users can move between the
form pages by pressing the Page Up and Page Down keys. If you use a tab control, the
control appears with tabs at the top, with one tab for each page. Users can switch
between pages by clicking the tabs.
Sarah wants to include a tab control with two pages in the frmContractsAndInvoices
form. The first page of the tab control will contain the frmInvoiceSubform subform that is
currently positioned at the bottom of the frmContractsAndInvoices form. The second page
of the tab control will contain a chart showing the invoice amounts for the invoices asso-
ciated with the displayed contract.
To expedite placing the subform in the tab control, you’ll cut the subform from the
form, add the tab control, and then paste the subform into the left tab on the tab control.
You need to perform these steps in Design view.
To add the tab control to the form:
1. If you took a break after the previous session, make sure that the Panorama data-
base is open and the Navigation Pane is open.
2. Open the frmContractsAndInvoices form in Design view, and then close the Navi-
3. Right-click the top edge of the subform control to open the shortcut menu, and
then click Cut to delete the subform control and place it on the Clipboard.
Trouble? If you do not see Subform in New Window as one of the options on the
shortcut menu, you did not click the top edge of the subform control correctly.
Right-click the top edge of the subform control until you see this option on the
shortcut menu, and then repeat Step 3.
4. In the Controls group on the Design tab, click the Tab Control button .
5. Position the + portion of the pointer in the Detail section three grid dots from the
left edge of the grid and at the 2.5-inch mark on the vertical ruler, and then click
the mouse button. Access places a tab control with two pages in the form.
6. Right-click the left tab, and then click Paste on the shortcut menu. The subform is
pasted in the tab control. See Figure 8-16.