Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
3. Position the + portion of the pointer in the upper-left corner of the black portion of
the tab control, and then click the mouse button. Access places a chart control in
the form and opens the first Chart Wizard dialog box, in which you select the
record source for the chart.
Sarah wants the chart to provide her staff with a simple visual display of the relative
proportions of the invoice amounts for the invoices for the currently displayed contract.
You’ll use the tblInvoice table as the record source for the chart and select the
InvoiceDate and InvoiceAmt fields as the fields to use in the chart.
To create the chart with the Chart Wizard:
1. Click Table: tblInvoice in the list box, and then click the Next button to display
the second Chart Wizard dialog box.
2. Select the InvoiceDate and the InvoiceAmt fields, and then click the Next button
to display the third Chart Wizard dialog box, in which you choose the chart type.
3. Click the Pie Chart button (row 4, column 1) to select the pie chart as the chart
type to use for Sarah’s chart. See Figure 8-21.
Selecting the chart type
descrip t ion of the
selected chart type
click to sele ct the Pie
Chart chart type
4. Click the Next button to display the next Chart Wizard dialog box, in which you
preview the chart and modify the data and its placement in the chart. Because
visualizing the chart from the displayed preview is difficult, you’ll use the default
layout based on the two selected fields. You can easily modify the chart after you
The box on the right dis-
plays a brief description of
the selected chart type.