Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
OFF 16 Office
Getting Started with Microsoft Office 2007
To use the Mini toolbar to format text:
1. If necessary, click cell A1 (the rectangle in the upper-left corner of the worksheet).
2. Type Budget . The text appears in the cell.
3. Press the Enter key. The text is entered in cell A1 and cell A2 is selected.
4. Type 2008 , and then press the Enter key. The year is entered in cell A2 and cell
A3 is selected.
You’ll use the Mini toolbar to make the word in cell A1 boldface.
5. Double-click cell A1 to place the insertion point in the cell. Now you can select the
text you typed.
6. Double-click Budget in cell A1. The selected text appears white in a black back-
ground, and the transparent Mini toolbar appears directly above the selected text.
See Figure 14.
Transparent Mini toolbar
Mini toolbar is
transparent at first
select text to display the
transparent Mini toolbar
You can redisplay the Mini
toolbar if it disappears by
right-clicking the selected
7. Move the pointer over the Mini toolbar. The Mini toolbar is now completely visible,
and you can click buttons.
Trouble? If the Mini toolbar disappears, you probably moved the pointer to another
area of the worksheet. To redisplay the Mini toolbar, repeat Steps 5 through 7, being
careful to move the pointer directly over the Mini toolbar in Step 7.
8. Click the Bold button on the Mini toolbar. The text in cell A1 is bold and the
Mini toolbar remains visible so you can continue formatting the selected text. See
Mini toolbar with the Bold button selected
Mini toolbar remains open
for additional formatting
bold text in cell A1
You don’t want to make any other changes, so you’ll close the Mini toolbar.
9. Press the Enter key. The Mini toolbar disappears and cell A2 is selected.