Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
| Review Assignments
Practice the skills you
learned in the tutorial
using the same case
Data Files needed for the Review Assignments: Ads.xlsx, BelmLogo.gif, BelmTemp.htm,
Payables.csv, Products.accdb ( cont. from Tutorial 7 ), and tblPayments.xml
Sarah wants you to integrate the data in the Products database with other programs and
she wants to be able to analyze the data in the database. You’ll help her achieve these
goals by completing the following:
1. Open the Products database located in the Level.02\Review folder provided with
your Data Files.
2. Export the qryCompanyList query as an HTML document to the Level.02\Review
folder, using the HTML template file named BelmTemp, which is located in the
Level.02\Review folder, and saving the file as qryCompanyList . Do not save the
3. Import the CSV file named Payables, which is located in the Level.02\Review folder,
as a new table in the database. Choose your own primary key, name the table
tblPayables , run the Table Analyzer, and record the Table Analyzer’s
recommendation. Do not save the import steps.
4. Import the XML file named tblPayments, which is located in the Level.02\Review
folder, as a new table named tblPayments in the database. Save the import steps.
5. Export the tblCompany table as an XML file named tblCompany to the
Level.02\Review folder; do not create a separate XSD file. Save the export steps.
6. Link to the Ads workbook, which is located in the Level.02\Review folder, using
tblAd as the table name. Change the cost of the flyer for Ad Num 5 to $300 .
7. Modify the frmCompaniesWithProducts form in the following ways:
a. Add a tab control to the bottom of the Detail section, and place the existing
subform on the first page of the tab control.
b. Change the caption for the left tab to Product Data and for the right tab to
Product Chart .
c. Change the caption for the main form’s navigation buttons to Company and for
the subform’s navigation buttons to Product .
d. Add a chart to the second page of the tab control. Use the tblProduct table as the
record source, select the ProductType, Price, and Unit fields, use the 3-D Column
Chart type, include a legend, and use Products Offered as the chart title.
e. Change the chart to a Clustered Column chart, and change the blue colored data
marker to pink.
8. Open the tblPayments table and create a PivotTable with PaymentAmt as the detail
field, PaymentDate as the column field, CompanyID as the row field, and PaymentID
as the filter field.
9. Switch to PivotChart view. Filter the CompanyID field, selecting BAC200, BEL273,
and CHE802, select PaymentAmt as the data field, display the legend, and then save
10. Close the Products database without exiting Access, make a backup copy of the
database, open the Products database, compact and repair the database, close the
database, and then exit Access.