Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
3. Export the frmDonationInfo form as an HTML document to the Level.02\Case3
folder; do not use a template or save the export steps. Use your Web browser to
open the frmDonationInfo HTML document and review its contents.
4. Import the CSV file named Facility, which is located in the Level.02\Case3 folder, as
a new table in the database. Choose your own primary key, name the table
tblTemporary , and run the Table Analyzer. Accept the Table Analyzer’s recommenda-
tions, rename the tables as tblStorage and tblFacility , make sure each table has the
correct primary key, and let the Table Analzyer create a query. Do not save the
import steps. Review the tblTemporary query, review the tblTemporary table (it might
be named tblTemporary_OLD), and then review the tblStorage and tblFacility tables.
5. Export the tblDonation table as an XML file named tblDonation to the
Level.02\Case3 folder; do not create a separate XSD file. Save the export steps.
6. Modify the frmDonorDonations form in the following ways:
a. Add a tab control to the bottom of the Detail section, and place the existing
subform on the first page of the tab control.
b. Change the caption for the left tab to Donation Data and for the right tab to
Donation Chart .
c. Change the caption for the main form’s navigation buttons to Donor and for the
subform’s navigation buttons to Donation .
d. Add a chart to the second page of the tab control. Use the tblDonation table as the
record source; select the AgencyID, DonationValue, PickupRequired, and
DonationDate fields; use the 3-D Column Chart type; include a legend; and use
Donations by Agency as the chart title.
e. Change the chart to a Clustered Bar chart, and change the color of the maroon
data marker to red.
7. Open the qryNetDonations query and create a PivotTable with NetDonation as the
detail field, AgencyName as the column field, DonationDesc as the row field, and
PickupRequired as the filter field. Filter the DonationDesc field to display only cash
8. Switch to PivotChart view. Select NetDonation as the data field, filter the AgencyName
by removing the first five agencies, leaving the data for five agencies in the chart, dis-
play the legend, change the chart type to Clustered Bar, and then save the query.
9. Close the Agency database without exiting Access, make a backup copy of the data-
base, open the Agency database, compact and repair the database, close the data-
base, and then exit Access.
| Case Problem 4
Use the skills you
learned in the tutorial
to analyze the data for
a luxury property
Data Files needed for this Case Problem: Personnel.xlsx, Vacation.accdb ( cont. from
Tutorial 7 ), and Works.xml
GEM Ultimate Vacations Griffin and Emma MacElroy want you to integrate the data in
the Vacation database with other programs, and they want to be able to analyze the data
in the database. You’ll help them achieve these goals by completing the following:
1. Open the Vacation database located in the Level.02\Case4 folder provided with
your Data Files.