Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
OFF 22 Office
Getting Started with Microsoft Office 2007
Reference Window | Opening an Existing File or Creating a New File
• Click the Office Button, and then click Open.
• In the Open dialog box, navigate to the storage location of the file you want to open.
• Click the filename of the file you want to open.
• Click the Open button.
• Click the Office Button, and then click a filename in the Recent Documents list.
• Click the Office Button, and then click New.
• In the New dialog box, click Blank Document, Blank Workbook, Blank Presentation, or
Blank Database (depending on the program).
• Click the Create button.
Ean asks you to print the agenda. To do that, you’ll reopen the file.
To open the existing Word document:
1. Click the Office Button , and then click Open . The Open dialog box, which
works similarly to the Save As dialog box, opens.
2. Use the Navigation pane or the Address bar to navigate to the OFF\Tutorial folder
included with your Data Files. This is the location where you saved the agenda
3. Click Meeting Agenda in the file list. See Figure 18.
Windows XP Tip
To navigate to a location in
the Open dialog box, you
use the Look in arrow.
Open dialog box
agenda file to
open and print
any folders and other
Word files stored in
this folder appear here
click to open the selected file
4. Click the Open button. The agenda file opens in the Word program window.