Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Because you selected the Customer table in the Navigation Pane before starting
the Form Wizard, this table is selected in the Tables/Queries list box, and the fields
for the Customer table are listed in the Available Fields list box.
Oren wants the form to display all the fields in the Customer table, but in a different
order. He would like the Phone field to appear at the bottom of the form so that it stands
out, making it easier for someone who needs to call customers to use the form and
quickly identify the phone number for a customer.
To create the form using the Form Wizard:
1. Click the button to move all the fields to the Selected Fields list box. Next,
you need to remove the Phone field, and then add it back as the last selected field
so that it will appear at the bottom of the form.
2. In the Selected Fields list box, click the Phone field, and then click the
to move the field back to the Available Fields list box.
To add the Phone field to the end of the form, you need to highlight the last field
in the list, and then move the Phone field back to the Selected Fields list box.
3. In the Selected Fields list box, click the E-mail Address field.
4. With the Phone field selected in the Available Fields list box, click the
to move the Phone field to the end of the Selected Fields list box.
5. Click the Next button to display the second Form Wizard dialog box, in which you
select a layout for the form. See Figure 4-2.
Choosing a layout for the form
sample of the
The layout choices are Columnar, Tabular, Datasheet, and Justified. A sample of
the selected layout appears on the left side of the dialog box.
6. Click each of the option buttons and review the corresponding sample layout.
The Tabular and Datasheet layouts display the fields from multiple records at one
time, whereas the Columnar and Justified layouts display the fields from one
record at a time. Oren thinks the Columnar layout is the appropriate arrangement
for displaying and updating data in the table, so that anyone using the form can
focus on just one customer record at a time.