Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
| Review Assignments
Practice the skills you
learned in the tutorial
using the same case
Data Files needed for the Review Assignments: Supplier.accdb ( cont. from Tutorial 3 )
Oren asks you to enhance the Supplier database with forms and reports. Complete the
1. Open the Supplier database located in the Level.01\Review folder provided with
your Data Files.
2. Use the Form Wizard to create a form based on the Product table. Select all fields
for the form, the Columnar layout, and the Office style, and specify the title Product
Data for the form.
3. In the Product Data form, change the AutoFormat to Foundry.
4. Insert the Tools picture, which is located in the Level.01\Review folder provided
with your Data Files, in the Product Data form. Move the picture just to the right of
the Product Data form title.
5. Change the font color of the Product Data form title to Green 3.
6. Change the type of line displayed around the Tools picture to Transparent.
7. Use the Product Data form to update the Product table as follows:
a. Use the Find command to search for “wall” in the Product Type field and then
display the record for a retaining wall (Product ID 5227). Change the Price in this
record to 11.45 and the Discount Offered to Yes .
b. Add a new record with the following field values, leaving the Color, Material, and
Weight in Lbs fields blank:
Product ID: 5630
Company ID: GEN359
Product Type: Annual
Color: [do not enter a value]
Material: [do not enter a value]
Size: 1 quart
Weight in Lbs: [do not enter a value]
Discount Offered: Yes
c. Save and close the form.
8. Use the Form Wizard to create a form containing a main form and a subform. Select
all fields except Product Type from the Company table for the main form, and select
Product ID, Product Type, Price, Unit, and Color—in that order—from the Product
table for the subform. Use the Datasheet layout and the Foundry style. Specify the
title Companies And Products for the main form and Product Subform for the
9. Change the form title text to Companies and Products .
10. Resize all columns in the subform to their best fit, working left to right. Navigate
through each record in the main form to make sure all the field values in the sub-
form are completely displayed. Save and close the form.