Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
13. Apply conditional formatting so that all City field values equal to Ashland are for-
matted as bold and dark blue-green (sixth row, ninth column in the gallery).
14. Preview the report to confirm that it is formatted correctly. Save the report, print its
first page (only if asked by your instructor to do so), and then close the report.
15. Compact and repair the Fitness database, and then close it.
| Case Problem 3
Work with the skills
you’ve learned, and
explore some new
skills, to create forms
and a report for a not-
Data Files needed for this Case Problem: Rossi.accdb (cont. from Tutorial 3) and
Rossi Recycling Group Tom Rossi wants to work with and display data about the dona-
tions made to the Rossi Recycling Group. You’ll help him by creating forms and a report
in the Rossi database. Complete the following:
1. Open the Rossi database located in the Level.01\Case3 folder provided with your
2. Use the Form Wizard to create a form based on the Donation table. Select all the
fields for the form, the Columnar layout, and the Median style. Specify the title
Donation Info for the form.
3. Use the Donation Info form to update the Donation table as follows:
a. Use the Find command to search for the record that contains “tools” in the
Donation Description field. Display the record for Power tools, and then change
the Donation Value to 565 .
b. Add a new record with the following values:
Donation ID: 2219
Donor ID: 36077
Agency ID: W22
Donation Date: 12/21/2010
Donation Description: Toys
Donation Value: 45
Pickup Required: No
c. Find the record with Donation ID 2150, and then delete it. ( Hint: Select the record
by clicking the record selector—the bar with a right-pointing triangle to the left of
the form—and then click the Delete button in the Records group on the Home
tab. When asked to confirm the deletion, click the Yes button.)
4. Change the AutoFormat of the Donation Info form to Verve, and then change the
font color of the form title to Maroon 3.
5. With the title text selected, drag the right title border to resize the title to fit on one
line. Save and close the form.
6. Use the Form Wizard to create a form containing a main form and a subform. Select
all the fields from the Donor table for the main form, and select the Donation ID,
Agency ID, Donation Date, Donation Description, and Donation Value fields from
the Donation table for the subform. Use the Tabular layout and the Verve style.
Specify the name Donors And Donations for the main form and the title Donation
Subform for the subform.