Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Figure 7-9: The Analysis ToolPak's Histogram dialog box.
Is the Analysis ToolPak installed?
To make sure that the Analysis ToolPak add-in is installed, click the Data tab. If the Ribbon displays the Data Ana-
lysis command in the Analysis group, you're all set. If not, you'll need to install the add-in:
1. Choose File⇒Options to display the Excel Options dialog box.
2. Click the Add-ins tab on the left.
3. Select Excel Add-Ins from the Manage drop-down list.
4. Click Go to display the Add-Ins dialog box.
5. Place a check mark next to Analysis ToolPak.
6. Click OK.
Note: In the Add-Ins dialog box, you see an additional add-in, Analysis ToolPak - VBA. This add-in is for a pro-
grammer, and you don't need to install it.
Specify the ranges for your data (Input Range), bins (Bin Range), and results (Output Range), and then select
any options. Figure 7-10 shows a frequency distribution (and chart) created with the Histogram option.