Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Chapter 10: Miscellaneous
In This Chapter
• Converting between measurement units
• Formulas that demonstrate various ways to round numbers
• Formulas for calculating the various parts of a right triangle
• Calculations for area, surface, circumference, and volume
• Matrix functions to solve simultaneous equations
• Useful formulas for working with normal distributions
This chapter contains reference information that may be useful to you at some point. Consider it a cheat sheet to
help you remember the stuff you may have learned but have long since forgotten.
You know the distance from New York to London in miles, but your European office needs the numbers in kilo-
meters. What's the conversion factor?
Excel's CONVERT function can convert between a variety of measurements in the following categories:
• Volume (or liquid measure)