Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
The new field, Branch2, is also available for use in other pivot tables created from the
After grouping the North County and Westside branches, the pivot table allows easy comparison between the
Central branch and the other branches combined.
I also created a pivot chart for good measure. I discuss pivot charts later in this chapter.
In which branch do tellers open the most checking accounts for new customers?
Figure 18-20 shows a pivot table that answers this question. At the Central branch, tellers opened 23 checking
accounts for new customers.
• The Customer field is in the Filters section.
• The OpenedBy field is in the Filters section.
• The AcctType field is in the Filters section.
• The Branch field is in the Rows section.
• The Amount field is in the Values section, summarized by Count.
Figure 18-20: This pivot table uses three report filters.
This pivot table uses three filters. The Customer field is filtered to show only New, the OpenedBy field is
filtered to show only Teller, and the AcctType field is filtered to show only Checking.
Grouping Pivot Table Items