Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
You may want to prevent Excel from using the GETPIVOTDATA function when you point
to pivot table cells when creating a formula. If so, choose PivotTable Tools ⇒ Ana-
lyze ⇒ PivotTable ⇒ Options ⇒ Generate GetPivot Data (this command is a toggle).
Another Pivot Table Example
The pivot table example in this section demonstrates some useful ways to work with pivot tables. Figure 18-44
shows a table with 3,144 data rows, one for each county in the United States. The fields are
• County: The name of the county
• State Name: The state of the county
• Region: The region (Roman number ranging from I to XII)
• Census 2000: The population of the county, according to the 2000 Census
• Census 1990: The population of the county, according to the 1990 Census
• Land Area: The area, in square miles (excluding water-covered area)
• Water Area: The area, in square miles, covered by water
Figure 18-44: This table contains data for each county in the United States.