Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Tip Remember that you must include cell E2, the header cell, in the List Range field so
that the filter doesn’t display two occurrences of Northeast in the unique values list.
To see what happens when you don’t include the header cell, try changing the range
in the List Range field to E3:E27, selecting the Unique Records Only check box, and
6. On the Data tab, in the Sort & Filter group, click Clear .
Excel removes the filter.
7. In cell H3 , type the formula =IF(RAND()<0.15,”Yes”,”No”) , and press Enter.
A value of Yes or No appears in cell H3, depending on the RAND function result.
8. Select cell H3 , and then drag the ill handle down until it covers cell H27 .
Excel copies the formula into every cell in the range H3:H27.
9. With the range H3:H27 still selected, on the Home tab, in the Clipboard group,
click the Copy button.
Excel copies the cell range’s contents to the Microsoft Office Clipboard.
10. Click the Paste arrow, and then in the Paste gallery that appears, click the first icon
in the Paste Values group.
Excel replaces the cells’ formulas with the formulas’ current results.