Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
● A number of filters are defined in Excel. (You might find the one you want is already
● Filtering an Excel worksheet based on values in a single column is easy to do, but
you can create a custom filter to limit your data based on the values in more than
one column as well.
● With the new search filter capability in Excel 2010, you can limit the data in
your worksheets based on characters the terms contain.
● Don’t forget that you can get a running total (or an average, or any one of several
other summary operations) for the values in a group of cells. Just select the cells
and look on the status bar: the result will be there.
● Use data validation techniques to improve the accuracy of data entered into your
worksheets and to identify data that doesn’t meet the guidelines you set.