Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
● You can rearrange the data in a worksheet quickly by clicking either the Sort
Ascending or Sort Descending button in the Sort & Filter group on the Data tab.
● Don’t forget that you can sort the rows in a worksheet by using orders other than
alphabetical or numerical. For example, you can sort a series of days based on their
order in the week or by cell color.
● If none of the existing sort orders (days, weekdays, and so on) meets your needs,
you can create your own custom sort order.
● You can divide the data in your worksheet into levels and find a subtotal for each
● Creating subtotals enables you to show or hide groups of data in your worksheets.
● Use the VLOOKUP function to look up a value in one column of data and return a
value from another column in the same row.