Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
This macro statement selects the cell range C3:C9, not the incorrect range C4:C7.
10. On the Standard toolbar of the Visual Basic Editor, click the Save button to save
11. On the title bar of the Visual Basic Editor window, click the Close button.
The Visual Basic Editor closes.
12. Select cells C3:C9 , format them as bold, and then click cell C9 .
Excel formats the cells’ contents in bold and then removes the highlight from
13. In the Macros list, click View Macros .
The Macro dialog box opens.
14. Click RemoveHighlight , and then click Run .
The bold formatting is removed from cells C3:C9.
15. On the Quick Access Toolbar, click the Save button.
Excel saves your workbook.
CLEAN UP Close the YearlySalesSummary workbook.
Running Macros When a Button Is Clicked
The ribbon enables you to discover the commands built into Excel quickly. However, it can
take a few seconds to display the View tab, open the Macro dialog box, select the macro
you want to run, and click the Run button. When you’re in the middle of a presentation,
taking even those few seconds can reduce your momentum and force you to regain your
audience’s attention. Excel offers several ways for you to make your macros more accessible.
If you want to display the Macro dialog box quickly, you can add the View Macros button
to the Quick Access Toolbar. To do so, click the Customize Quick Access Toolbar button at
the right edge of the Quick Access Toolbar, and then click More Commands to display the
Customize The Quick Access Toolbar page of the Excel Options dialog box.