Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
In this exercise, you’ll create and test a macro that runs whenever someone opens the
workbook to which it is attached.
SET UP You need the RunOnOpen_start workbook located in your Chapter12
practice file folder to complete this exercise. Open the RunOnOpen_start workbook,
click the Enable Content button on the Message Bar (if necessary), and save the
workbook as RunOnOpen . Then follow the steps.
1. On the View tab, in the Macros group, click the Macros arrow and then, in the list
that appears, click Record Macro .
The Record Macro dialog box opens.
2. In the Macro name box, delete the existing name, and then type Auto_Open .
3. Click OK .
The Record Macro dialog box closes.
4. Select the cell range B3:C11 .
5. On the Home tab, in the Font group, click the Bold button twice.
The first click of the Bold button formats all the selected cells in bold; the second
click removes the bold formatting from all the selected cells.
6. Click cell C11 and then, in the Macros list, click Stop Recording .
Excel stops recording your macro.
7. In the Macros list, click View Macros .
The Macro dialog box opens.