Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
In this exercise, you’ll enter data by using multiple methods and control how Excel
formats an extended data series.
SET UP You need the Series_start workbook located in your Chapter02 practice file
folder to complete this exercise. Start Excel, open the Series_start workbook, and
save it as Series . Then follow the steps.
1. On the Monthly worksheet, select cell B3 , and then drag the ill handle down until
it covers cells B3:B7 .
Excel repeats the value Fabrikam in cells B4:B7.
2. Select cell C3 , hold down the Ctrl key, and drag the ill handle down until it covers
cells C3:C7 .
Excel repeats the value January in cells C4:C7.
3. Select cell B8 , and then type the letter F .
Excel displays the characters abrikam in reverse colors.
4. Press Tab to accept the value Fabrikam for the cell.
5. In cell C8 , type February .
6. Right-click cell D8 , and then click Pick From Drop-down List .
A list of values in column D appears below cell D8.