Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
In this exercise, you’ll check a worksheet’s spelling, add two new terms to a dictionary,
search for an alternative word by using the Thesaurus, and translate a word from English
SET UP You need the ServiceLevels_start workbook located in your Chapter02 practice
file folder to complete this exercise. Open the ServiceLevels_start workbook, and save
it as ServiceLevels . Then follow the steps.
1. On the Review tab, in the Proofing group, click Spelling .
The Spelling dialog box opens with the first misspelled word in the worksheet
displayed in the Not In Dictionary field.
2. Verify that the word shipped is highlighted in the Suggestions pane, and then
click Change .
Excel corrects the word and displays the next questioned word: withn .
3. Click Change .
Excel corrects the word and displays the next questioned word: TwoDay .
4. Click Add to Dictionary .
Excel adds the word to the dictionary and displays the next questioned word:
5. Click Add to Dictionary .
Excel adds the word to the dictionary.
6. If necessary, click Close to close the Spelling dialog box.
The Spelling dialog box closes, and a message box appears, indicating that the
spelling check is complete for the worksheet.