Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
● You can enter a series of data quickly by typing one or more values in adjacent
cells, selecting the cells, and then dragging the ill handle. To change how dragging
the ill handle extends a data series, hold down the Ctrl key.
● Dragging a ill handle displays the Auto Fill Options button, which you can use to
specify whether to copy the selected cells’ values, extend a recognized series, or
apply the selected cells’ formatting to the new cells.
● With Excel, you can enter data by using a list, AutoComplete, or Ctrl+Enter. You
should experiment with these techniques and use the one that best its your
● When you copy (or cut) and paste cells, columns, or rows, you can use the new
Paste Live Preview capability to preview how your data will appear before you
commit to the paste operation.
● After you paste cells, rows, or columns into your worksheet, Excel displays the
Paste Options action button. You can use its controls to change which aspects
of the cut or copied elements Excel applies to the pasted elements.
● By using the options in the Paste Special dialog box, you can paste only specific
aspects of cut or copied data, perform mathematical operations, transpose data,
or delete blank cells when pasting.
● You can find and replace data within a worksheet by searching for specific values
or by searching for cells that have a particular format applied.
● Excel provides a variety of powerful proofing and research tools, enabling you to
check your workbook’s spelling, find alternative words by using the Thesaurus, and
translate words between languages.
● With Excel tables, you can organize and summarize your data effectively.